French Onion SoupCourse: Food, Recipe, SoupsCuisine: Soup
several pounds of yellow onions
4-6 cans of beef consume or beef base or bouillon
- Peel & cut the several pounds of yellow onions into small pieces.
- Caramelize the onions on a very slow cook. This should take several hours and the onions should be see thru.
- Drain some of the liquid and store. Add Corn Starch to the mix, until the onions become a ball. Add back the liquid you stored, and stir the mix.
- Add beef base/bouillion (this is wher ethe flavor comes from) . Add 4-6 cans of beef consume (to taste)
- Now taste the soup. If the soup is too beefy, add water, too watery, add dry beef base. After the flavor is dialed in, add 1/4 to 1/2 bottle of wine to several pounds.